Friday, June 29, 2012

Entertainment Base Interviews Wazzyno


Wazzyno tells David Prince of Entertainment base everything about him in a chat. Check on it!
Tell a little bit about yourself, what was your childhood like?
My real name is Olawale Samuel, I am from Osun State, Nigeria, I schooled here in Lagos, am an artist formally known has Don Soulja but I changed my name to Wazzyno recently.


When and how did you first become interested in music?
I started music 13years ago, I started as a Gospel singer way back in my church as a chorister.

What is the name of the church you started from and where is the church located?
Celestial Church of Christ Orelope Central Parish at Egbeda, Lagos, Nigeria.

What are your musical influences?
I am so addicted to music when I was young but I started as dancer, dancing back in the days in my school with a dancing group called D Saint

Apart from you, do you have anyone in your family who is a musician?
Yes I have a brother who sings too. His name is Sunday but he sings juju music

What else do you do besides play music?
I am photographer also, I repair Laptop and I do music downloading.

Good to hear you must be a good business man
Was it an easy thing to break in into the Nigerian music industry?
It was not an easy thing at all but with God all things are possible.

How was it when you first started?
It was hard but now God is taking control because I just discover myself by working with some great guys like Lace, Terry G, Zee World, Lkt, O Black, Olamide, Skaliey etc.

Was it easy to meet those artistes?
No it was very hard to meet them, especially Terry G, Olamide and Lace because they are very busy guys.

How did you feel when you met them?
I felt great because that has been in my plan for this year



Why did you change your name and why were you bearing Don Soulja?
Well Don Soula was just a forge name that has no meaning to the society and I never believe in that name I was just using it then as an intro for my fans so right now am moving on with Wazzyno which means came out of nowhere.

Hmmnn that’s good.

Yeah it is and I am very sure the name will profit me.

Tell me more about your relationship with girls?
Well, I don’t fornicate but I appreciate the way girls run after me for autograph.

So like how many girlfriend do you have at this moment?
Let me say Thirty-eight

Why did you decided to be a musician?
I did not decide to do music; it has been in me when I was a little boy. It is a gift from God

Your latest single with O Black what is it all about, tell us more about the song and how you wrote the song?
It is a girl that inspired me when I was in the club about two months ago and the title of the song is Down Low which was produced by O Black, mixed and mastered by B Myne.

So when are you planning to release your album?
I will release my album October 29 2013

Okay what is the titled of your album?
Turn By Turn

Hmmnn nice name

Your word for all your fans out there
I love u all my people, stay blessed Wazzyno a.k.a Don Soulja cares.