Friday, June 22, 2012

Entertainment Base Interviews Zee World


Tentebo Soulja
Easily doing his own thing right there in the street of Lagos, Nigeria, Zee World a.k.a Tentebo Soulja, Kalamoko Master, Sinsibo Crooner. He is one of the artist representing Haliyah Records/Dj. Walex Entertainment. With all eyes on Zee World, Entertainment Base, David Prince sat down with him for a chat.


Tell a little bit about yourself, what was your full name, your age, state of origin?
I am Olamilekan Abdulazeez Yahaya by name but known with my stage name as Zee World. I am from the northern part of Nigeria, Kano State. Born on January 24, 1980.

When and how did you become interested in music?
I started music professionally in 1998 but I have been doing music since when I was in primary school then I was in primary 4, I really have love and passion for music and if I don't do music I would have turn Shina Rambo. So I know very well that music is my way, what I have been sent to do on earth.

Where did you start music from?
I started music right there in my hood at Agege, Lagos State.

You said earlier on that if you did not do music you would have turn to Shina Rambo, can you give us reasons why you said so?
Music is what I love so much and what I know how to do best to the level of my satisfaction that is why I said so.

What are your musical influences?
Positive or negative

You are free to tell us both the positive and the negative side of it.
Let’s forget about that for now Sir.


Do you have any of your family members who do music too?
No. I am the only one into music in my family.

Can you tell us more about your relationship status?
Am single but I have a son called Opeyemi he is just five years old.

What else do you do besides play music?
I am a producer and at the same time I am working on my clothing line.

As a producer, what are the instrument you play?
The instrument I am good in is keyboard and I must say I love it so much.

Was it an easy thing for you to burst into the Nigerian music industry?
No Sir, it was not an easy thing my brother, the road is very hard but with God all every things are possible.

As we all know, we have dream helpers, who are the people who helped your dream?
Dj Walex and some of my family members they are always been there for me.

Who is Dj Walex to you?
He is my close friend, he works in radio station. He really contribute to my success in life.

Presently, who is Dj Walex working with?
He works with Holy Zola right now.

The very first time you met Dj Walex, how did you feel and do you know you will make it with him?
I have known Dj Walex for long even before he started working at Star FM. He is like my own blood brother, we stay together but we never knew things will go this way. I never knew is the one God sent to me.

Your last word for all your fans out there
I love them and they should have believe and determination in anything they do. I love you all!