Saturday, April 23, 2011

Score!!! Free swag~ (episode 3)


So my local comic store is finally closing doors....on its old address and moving some blocks away!

For that occasion they were cutting prices, like a lot!
And selling off stuff for ridiculously small prices..
And giving stuff away...

Anyway, figurines, CD and DVDs didn't grab much my attention.
I wasn't gonna grab stuff I wasn't looking for in the first place. (that's the way to end up with tons of useless stuff you don't really want)
Instead I was looking through comic book boxes and searching for series that interested me or issues I was missing. (not like some nerds I saw going away with WHOLE darn' boxes! what will they do with that stuff? sell it on ebay?? probably...)

Anyway I was looking specifically for Young Justice, Birds of Prey, Batgirl or Spider-girl issues... Only found 1 single Young Justice! -sigh- :(
(and another one I already had...in my only 5-6 issues I have currently)
Someone probably got away with a box from the end of the alphabet. (probably some Wolverine or X-men fanboy..)
I found a ton of Spider-man, Batman, X-men books..but not really interested in getting more of those. (I'd rather read some Batman in TPB instead)
Found some Amazing Fantasy/Araña, which is no Mayday Parker, but nice nonetheless.
No Spider-girl this time.
Old Green Arrow issues, some What if..., some Elseworlds, an Azrael....
Only one issue of Superman/Batman I really wanted, one of the parts of the Metal Men crossover! (I luv the Metal Men!)

Biggest surprise/catch?
The Great Lakes Christmas Special! (which I'm currently reading as I write these lines)
FantastAwesomEpic!

And that is all...
I'll miss the ol' comic book store.
The new one will be farthest from home but closer from work. (guess I know where I'll be spending my time at lunch)