Friday, September 17, 2010

Hey Eyz! Whatcha gonna watch this season?

I'm a big fan of TV shows.
Nowadays even more than movies. (specially since most movie writers aren't what they used to be anymore.. it's adaptation after adaptation after sequel after remake... you get the point!)

As you can see, in my list of 15 favorite tv shows ever, I'm specially a fan of everything science-fiction-esque and other funny things...

Here's my list of stuff I will watch this 2010-2011 season~

 By the way, this was a drawing of my TV selection for the 2008-2009 season~

This year, despite the absence of Lost, or other favorites of mine of these last years (Reapers, My Name is Earl, Everybody Hates Chris...) I have quite a lot to watch and follow up.

I try to mostly watch stuff I really like (and not, like, stuff that everybody talks about or really "hyped" - I never watched 24, Prison Break, Heroes...), entertaining stories and original things.
Not a fan of Reality TV, NOT AT ALL.
I'm not a fan of thrillers, NCIS/CSI-type of shows ...
Also, I've been following lots of cartoons again lately.

Anyway, here goes:



This year will mark Chuck's season 4.
I remember starting this alongside Reaper. I prefered Reaper, now I only have Chuck left..
When Chuck's good, it's great, fun and original. When it isn't..it's pretty bad...
There's been too much drama the last times with Chuck.. I hope S4 tries its best to keep me following it! The concept IS fun!
Geek gets a "super computer" burnt in his brain and can download information as well as abilities.



Castle is a fantastic detective series, in the same style as Monk.
It has Firefly's Nathan Fillion plus several Joss Whedon references (due to "recurring writers").
I really dig this show! The episodes are never dull nor repetitive.
And even the book (with a second one coming soon) "written by Castle" published last year was well received!
Rick Castle, the famous writer, tags along with the NYPD to solve crimes.



Undercovers is the new show produced under J.J.Abrams Bad Robot studio. Since Lost is no more, there's a new show starting out right away.
The pilot will be directed by Abrams.
It will a bit more similar to Alias than Lost or Fringe (but I guess it will go quickly into scifi/surnatural like all 3 other shows)
A married couple of secret agents undercovers goes back to their spy roots.



Fringe will enter its 3rd season already!
It will be a 22 episodes-long season.
It will continue the alternate universe-storyline from last season's ending..so be sure to have least watched some of it before starting this one.
It's quietly growing into my favorite show~
A special division of the government is charged to find out and stop strange "fringe-science" anomalies.



The american version of the show The Office will start its 7th season!
That's a lot of seasons!
There's been some bad in the past..but also some great stuff too...
So I'll be happy to have more of it.
The day and life of a paper company in Scranton.



Okay, not a "show", as in plot and characters development, but still entertainment.
Mythbusters will be back, after a long break and some recut episodes airing this summer.
I always love watching any episode, even rewatching some.
Always fun to watch Jamie exploding stuff...or Adam exploding stuff...you get the idea~
A documentary-experimenting type of show from the Discovery Channel. Every week, a team of special effects-guys, and a gal, try to confirm or bust urban myths,



Starting this season, the adaptation of a classic graphic novel by Robert Kirkman, the Walking Dead, will hit tv!
I have great hopes for this!
Rick, a cop, wakes up in a world destroyed by zombies after an accident.



One of my favorite recent British shows, Primeval had a great first season that made me a fan in a couple of minutes. Then a fantastic well improved second season. Then a very bad 3rd season... :(
(why would anyone **** the main character!!!.... -sigh-)
Now it will be back thanks to an international collaboration with foreign TV channels. (Germany, Canada..)
Will this bring Primeval to the epic level of epicness the former seasons had?!
Portals through time started appearing all over the world, dinosaurs and other primitive monsters are wrecking havok in the streets of England!



Warehouse 13 is probably one of my favorite current modern shows, well it's growing up on me.
(and coming from modern syfy channel, that means a lot!)
It started quite slow, but it's getting great!
My current fav show to watch~
A secret service team is charged to get their hands on "strange" artifacts and keep them in storage in the Warehouse 13. (kinda like the Ark is in the ending off Raiders of the Lost Ark)



As for cartoons...Well, I'm watching a lot more of them now than the last couple of years...
Starting with Futurama, who was back in an all new season..that already ended... But FEAR NOT! Cause a new new season is in the works for November 21 already!
New New York, the 31st century. Futurama follows the adventure of the Planet Express crew in a universe full of aliens, robots and SCIENCE!



Speaking of Matt Groening, The Simpsons are getting their 22th season!!
Woah!
Impressive!
Haters will hate, but I gotta say I'm quite impressed for such a long running show being still made!
And it's a 2D animated show, so all congrats to them!
I didn't quite like the transitional Season 20 (which went HD halfway through)..the episodes were kinda weak...
But the 21st was so much fun...
I wish the staff good luck, and may them make us laugh as much as they did all those past 20-something years~
Do the Simpsons need a summary? Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge and Maggie need no introduction! They're the most well known "american family" internationally!



Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated really impresses me.
It's the current Scooby-Doo show and I can't stop watching it!
It's great, fun and really updates the overall look of this series.
I wanted to make a little feature on the blog about the various Scooby-shows..but if you read some of my previous comments on Mystery Inc, you probably know I'm already a huge fan of it^^
Who are all these monsters, why are they attacking Crystal Cove?! Scooby and the gang are on the job~



Batman: The Brave & The Bold will be back with the last episodes of thise past season and the new last season as well.
Yes, cause Warner Bros Animation will stop it to leave the way for the new Bat-inspired show...
Great news for more "serious" Bat-fans and bad news for us Brave & The Bold-fans!
At least we still have around ~20 more episodes before the end...to bring this series at 65 episodes for its complete run (which isn't bad, if you ask me)
A true hommage to Silver Age comics and the DCUniverse, Batman the Brave and the Bold is a team-up show between Bats and the various characters that inhabits this very strange world, specially the more underrated type of characters.



Starting now, Marvel will have a new show around, to replace fan favorites Spectacular Spider-man and Wolverine & The X-men.
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, a new team-centered cartoon based on classic Marvel characters.
The style looks modern and a bit stylish in the designs...
Though some (Wasp..) look a bit off to me...
Anyway, this could turn out pretty fun~
Earth's Mightiest Heroes join forces against super villains and world threats of all kind.



Later this year, Seth Green's spoof parody stop motion show Robot Chicken will be back in an all new season.
It's our generation's show, well, us children of the 80s. Lots of references and parodies to obscure cartoons to well known pop culture of the late 80s/early 90s. From Resident Evil to Mario Kart, passing through GIJoe and Transformers...
It's often a bit trashy..but all in a good fun way.
Lately they've been slowly turning more and more into Star Wars features and specials...
Robot Chicken is a parody show about pop culture of the late 80s and early 90s. Composed of little segments of more or less a minute each, it's fast, fun and kinda stupid all in a nice package~



I already talked about this one lately.
The Venture bros are back in an all-new all-original Season 5, or Season 4 part 2, or Season 4.5...well, just call it "The New Season".
Highly recommended spoof of pulp stories and superheroes comics.
Follow the adventures of "previously-young adventurous kid" Dr. Venture and his clo..sons Dean & Hank and their bodyguard Brock Samson. Will The Monarch destroy his arch-nemesis finally?!



Star Wars The Clone Wars will hit its 3rd Season now!
I've mostly followed this show on DVD, watching back to back all the episodes later on.
But I'm thinking about following this 3rd season as it airs...
Darth Maul's unmentioned brother will make an appearance!
Plus many fan favorite ccharacters will be back or joining the cast now~ (The Republic Commando!!!)
The series will reach it's middle point now, so expect things to get epic! (of the 100 episodes planned at the start of the show)
Luke: "You fought in the Clone Wars?
Obi-Wan: Yes. I was once a Jedi knight, the same as your father.
Luke: I wish I'd known him.
Obi-Wan: He was the best star pilot in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior..."




A new DC Comics show will hit the small screen, Young justice!
It won't be based on the cult comic series, but instead share some similar concepts and develop its own original mythos.
I hope this turns out good...fearing a bit...looks too much serioues...hopes it's fun!... *crosses fingers*
Robin, Aqualad, Artemis, Kid Flash, Superboy and Miss Martian. Together they're the new generation of heroes, they're the Young Justice!



And finally..airing later on in mid-season will be The Cape. The highly anticipated (on my part) all-new original comic book-ysh tv show about a guy who becomes a superhero.
But unlike Heroes or say "No Ordinary Family" (other superhero-ysh new show) it will more clearly embrace its comic bookysh roots.
We'll have supervillains here and an on-going increasing rogue gallery and all...
Could this be the new The FLASH?! I hope so~
It could be great and fun...
My fears? Like most good shows, producers might cancel that *cough*Journeyman*cough*... -sigh-

Anyways...
That's all I will be following myself...
And it's already quite a lot, if you ask me~
So, what will YOU watch? Any of those above interest you?
Make yourself heard (for once!), I won't bite!
You can easily write down your opinion in the comments below. Ain't that right Frob'?