Thursday, August 26, 2010

Random NEWS! Real modern Sonic sidescroller

See.
I said (if you check older posts about this so-called Sonic 4) that the new Sonic 2D isn't a real evolution! It's not a modern day retro Sonic or anything.. It's just a cheap easy cash-in.

It was made for almost nothing (no budget) and will make a ton of profit...

And don't you tell me "it's a modern 2D platformer! With HD graphics!" cause it isn't!
I'm not complaining like Sonic haters or fanboys. I'm just writing my own piece of mind on mah blog, yo!

A real Sonic 4 should have been either
- a real HD 2D game. Like Wario Land Wii or the new Boy and his blob. HD hand-drawn beautiful REAL sprites with tons of details, etc.. But I guess that would have been too expensive for a digital game.. (the reason most animated movies and modern games are all 3D/CGi)
- or a "next gen" sidescroller. Yes, with 3D graphics (and why not running on the "hedgehog engine"), kinda like the handheld Sonic Rush/Sonic Rivals game but on a console system!

Instead we got what I dislike the most "pre-rendered sprites", meaning 3D models used for making 2D sprites.. blah!

Anyway, I'm complaining a lot it seems... let's just check this fanmade (not playable) remake of a stage of Sonic & Knuckles like Sonic 4 should have been made:

Amazing what fans came make with no money and lots of motivation!