Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What did you do this weekend?!


Long time since I did one of those on the blog, heh?
Anyway, here's another WDYDTW!

I know it's already tuesday..but I wouldn't have been able to write this yesterday..
So, how've you been?
Did you do anything original this weekend, play anything good or read anything nice?
Let me know in the comments, don't be shy!
I know you read thus blog according to the pageviews!


I'm currently playing through the new Splatterhouse (or as I like to call it, Splatterhouse 4).
It's pretty cool, faithful to the classic ones yet still bringing in new stuff for this new generation.

I'm sure some of you are already waiting for a proper review like I did with the other ones...and I will...
When I'll finish it!
Hey, I'm not IGN, I finish the games I review! I'm not one to scream "First!!".

Anyway, you want an early impression?
So far I'm loving it.
It's pretty similar to another modern gory 3D beat 'em all I love, Evil Dead Regenration, which I wanted to also review on this blog...but won't make it in time before this new Splatterhouse (because I wanted to finish the movies and start from the first Evil Dead games before).
Meaning, it's funny, even the story is surprising good for a splatter beat 'em all.
The game mechanics may look dated if you only play modern action-RPG or sandbox type of games.. it's a pure old school beat 'em all, linear levels and cut down to stages. But I like this!
Enough with the sandbox!
Other than the gameplay itself, it's quite impressive to look at! Next gen graphics that's for sure!

More on this game later on...


I'm also currently playing through A Shadow's Tale.
It's from one of my all time favorite developers, Hudson Soft.

Known in the US as Lost in Shadow, it's an old school-like sidescrollin' platformer for the Wii.
How would I summarize it?
It has the esthetics of ICO/Shadow of the Colossus with a gameplay similar and pretty close to the original Prince of Persia/Another World/Flashback.

People may say their favorite game this year to be the new Assassin's Creed, or Kirby Epic Yarn or even the new Donkey Kong Country. But those are already popular and established franchises.
My biggest gamin' surprise of 2010 is this very one!
Fun, original and very very difficult! A game where you have to use your brains to progress!


Other than that?
I have two "oldies" I'm trying to finish too.

Star Wars: Republic Commando on the Xbox.
A very fun FPS set in the Star Wars universe where you and your clone squad has to make it through the War. Pretty kickass!
Sadly overlooked back then (that's why it never got any sequel), despite being pretty well done gameplay-wise and graphically.

The titular Delta squad will appear soon in the current CGi Clone Wars series!


And a second Star Wars videogame!
I'm also trying to finish Star Wars: Lethal Alliance on the PSP!

I do not play a lot of PSP, not because of a lack of good games, but interest...
My bro pumps a lot more hours into this little Sony handled system!

Anyway, I'm loving Lethal Alliance original story and lack of a Jedi/Trooper/Soldier/Bounty Hunter as main character. This Twi'lek can kick butt!
The story's nice too, she's the one trying to get the plans of the Death Star to the rebels!


Besides games, I've been ready a bit too much Deadpool any sane man could.
I've finally the whole complete Cable & Deadpool run, been meaning to find all the issues I missed back then...
And also most classic Deadpool issues, from Nicieza to Joe Kelly, Udon and more!

Now, more than ever, I see how bad Daniel Way writes the merc' with a mouth...sigh...


And finally, on a complete separate note, I've finally had, officially, my diploma!
FINALLY.
Gosh darn.. I had to wait a whole year, to complete a little exam (or two) while working already...anyway...

I've got like 3 different titles nows and 3 separate diploma, one for the school, an european one and an international one. Yahoo!
"Given by a Libano-Canadian University" what the...?!?
I don't know what contracts and legal procedures the school did..but this sounds...so fake??

I've already been working for SL&C Supercomm Language Training Centre for a few months now, but with this paper...heh..it doesn't change much.


And  that's all for t'day!~